VP of Business Development
We are an international company based in downtown Vancouver. We currently employ over 450 staff and require a VP of Business Development in our mix. Reporting to the CEO and CMO, the VP of Business Development is responsible for managing all hands on sales aspects of the company. VP of Business Development will work in close partnership with the Chief Marketing Officer and take a significant leadership role in building the business. The VP of Business Development will act as a leader to the sales force, as well as handling a client base.
This position requires sales management experience. The person who fills this position is required to:
- Set quotas and goals for each salesperson based on the company's revenue goals
- Coach the sales staff (primarily electronically)
- Create incentive programs for the sales staff, drive and monitor their progress to success
- Monitor sales activity of the sales team
- Report any problems to upper level management where it should be used
- Have knowledge of clients' pay records and determine when to increase retainer fees and when to speak to clients regarding finances for their projects
- Aid salespeople with upselling
- Understand the sales process and perform at very high level
- Lead a team to achieve or surpass revenue goals
- Train and coach new and existing sales team members
- Communicate effectively with internal and external clients
- Advise clients' status to upper management at any given time
- Be creative and think outside the box
- Be able to succinctly provide both questions and answers to clients to interpret needs, then communicate those needs to anyone in the company who requires them
- Ensures sales representatives follow rules, policies, and procedures as they have been instructed
- Maintain the sale’s pipeline to ensure transparency with CFO
- Passion and eagerness to work collaboratively on tasks big and small. You display exceptional organizational and communication skills, enjoy fast-paced, often unpredictable environments, thrive on interpersonal interactions, love working in teams, and are able to multi-task and manage projects effectively.
- Experience in a high-impact, sales role in a growing business environment.
- Knowledge and experience working in a regulated tech industry.
- Track record of achieving results in a corporate environment with success in building funnels, and tools to support a tight-knit sales team.
- Exceptionally strong sales skills, with an ability to clearly communicate your products and close sales.
- Excellent quantitative skills and a proven ability to analyze performance management
- Strong proficiency in every aspect of the sales process; demonstrated ability to specify new markets and demonstrate strategic decision-making and use sales indicators to manage organizational performance.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to work independently, lead multiple projects, ruthlessly prioritize, and manage a high-volume of tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions.
- 5+ years experience in a managerial position within a sales environment
- Enterprise level software sales experience.
- Solid Understanding of both long and short sales cycles.
- Post Secondary Education
- Competitive wages
- Great benefits package
- A flexible work environment
- The ability to grow within a large company
- Location, location, location - we’ve got the best view in the city with amazing places to walk and take a breath
- FREE FOOD
- Friendly team members
- Out of office team building outings